ThermaBead Ltd, whose headquarters are based in Worcester, are an industry leader in specialist cavity wall insulation systems. We are their retained as their agents nationally, providing a wide variety of services including the following;
- Initial Board meeting to discuss operational requirements and agree the required specification
- Undertaking a comprehensive search of the subject area to identify options meeting the criteria
- Accompanying the client on a tour of the available options in order to refine the list
- Drawing up a shortlist of options and providing market commentary for budgeting purposes,
- Undertaking negotiations on the preferred option(s) and using the benefit of our knowledge to ensure that the terms incorporated the required flexibility, whilst securing the most competitive terms possible
- Maintaining a dialogue with the Solicitors and Landlord in order to ensure that any queries were addressed and the legals were agreed in a timely manner and as per the agreed terms.
- Utilising our Building Surveyor to prepare a Schedule of Condition in order to restrict the Clients dilapidations liability
- Actively developing a healthy Landlord/Tenant relationship, which has allowed our Clients to utilise additional space on the Estate a flexible basis as appropriate
- Reviewing the various Rateable properties within the occupational portfolio
- Avoiding the option of adopting a potentially detrimental ‘blanket approach’ to appeals
- Selectively appealing the appropriate Rateable Values
- Achieving a substantial reduction to their annual Rates bills
- Securing a rebate of several thousand pounds
- Providing substantial savings in future
- We undertook a search of the Droitwich and Worcester area for a new HQ/Production facility
- The Property needed to be configured to separate the office, production and distribution elements
- We identified a suitable unit close to the existing facility, in advance of it formally being put on the market
- Whilst negotiating terms on the new unit we agreed a re-gear on the existing facility aligning all the Lease Dates, securing both a Rent Reduction and a substantial Rent-Free period
- We have successfully minimised the dilapidations liabilities on surplus properties, across the England and Wales
- As part of the comprehensive acquisition package we have undertaken initial surveys to identify any obvious defects, stipulating that these are made good prior to occupation
- In addition, we have produced full Schedules of Condition, in order to limit future liabilities and avoid issues on Lease Expiry.
- Where appropriate we have utilised a cherry-picker to survey the roof, which is potentially one of the most costly liabilities.
Business Growth Strategy –
- We have undertaken feasibility studies in ‘new’ regions, including The Home Counties and Scotland.
- For a low initial cost, we shortlisted suitable stock in the target areas, providing indicative costs for the Client to factor into their expansion plans
Share this story